Promote society-academia collaboration of computational technologies and simulation programs
Head: OTANI Minoru
The University of Tsukuba’s Fourth Mid-term Goals and Mid-term Plans aim to foster joint research between academia and society that addresses real-world needs, and to generate innovative solutions that drive social change. To this end, we have set up the Office for Society-Academia Collaboration in Computational Sciences in FY2022. This new office will enhance industry-academia partnerships within the Center and facilitate the practical use of computational technologies and simulation programs developed within the Center.
- Society-Academia collaboration in computational sciences
Our aim is to use computational sciences and technologies to tackle social challenges and drive industrial development. We will apply these tools to various areas, such as resolving environmental problems, devising medical diagnostic methods, improving social systems and disaster prevention measures, and addressing other pressing societal issues. In the manufacturing industry, we will actively employ computational science and technology to optimize production processes and develop new materials, and foster collaborations between academia and industry to advance these goals.
- In collaboration with Bureau of Public Relationships and Strategy
Working with the Bureau of Public Relationships and Strategy in the Center for Computational Science, we will promote awareness of the computational technologies and simulation programs we are developing among diverse audiences. We will use our website and social media channels to share a range of information, including news about seminars focused on social implementation, updates on research outcomes, and details about collaborative researches with industry. Our aim is to maximize transparency and foster further collaborations.
- Work closely with headquarters for international industry-university collaboration to establish large-scale joint research projects.
- Collaborate with the Bureau of Public Relationships and Strategy to publicize the industry-academia collaboration activities of faculty members affiliated with the Center through the Center’s website and other channels.
- Organize study groups and other initiatives to facilitate alignment between the Center’s research themes and the needs of the industry.
- Develop and deliver tutorials that leverage the supercomputing capabilities available at the Center.
- Explore opportunities for actively utilizing data generated by computational science in collaboration with companies.