Progress of the Project
Construction of the project promotion system
– Established Project Office for Exascale Computational Sciences and Project Office for Exascale Computing System Development. Related researchers outside of CCS are also participated.
– International Cooperation with University of Edinburgh and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory are planned.
Innovation toward Exa-Scale Computing Sciences
ｰ Mainly considered in the Project Office for Exascale Computational Science.
ｰ Investigate and develop the applications not about key 3 issues(Particles, Astrophysics, Life Sciences).
Research and Development of Tightly Coupled Accelerators and Demonstration System
– Base Cluster will start operation from January 2012.
– Tightly Coupled Accelerators will be introduced after 2012.
– PEACH2 chip is implemented on FPGA(Field Programmable Gate Array).
Research and Development of the Basic Software to Support Programming
– In collaboration with External funding projects, e-Science Project(Parallel programing language XcableMP), and Japan-France Strategic Program(Post Peta-Scale Computing Technology), design, research and development are promoted.