Tenure Track Assistant Professor
Center for Computational Sciences, University of Tsukuba (Division of Life Science)
Contents of work, Research field:
Theoretical research in the interdisciplinary fields of life science employing computational science approaches such as particular first-principles methods and classical molecular dynamics simulations.
As soon as possible after a hiring decision is made.
Status of employment:
Full-time until March 31, 2024. The Tenure Track assistant professor may become a tenured assistant professor after passing a review for tenure which will be performed at the last year of the tenure-track period.
An applicant needs to have a Doctoral Degree of Ph. D. which has been received within last 10 years, or is expected to obtain the degree by the end of March, 2019.
- Curriculum Vitae (with photograph)
- List of research activities including papers, books, competitive research funds (including applications), and status of research collaborations. (Separate refereed and non-refereed papers in the list)
- Reprints of 5 major papers published within last 5 years. (One paper may be published earlier than 5 years.)
- Summary of research activities.
- Research plan and expected achievements during the tenure-track period.
- Recommendation or reference letters (one or more).
The submitted materials will not be returned.
Deadline for application:
January 8, 2019
Where to submit:
Application materials should be sent to:
Prof. Masayuki Umemura, Director
Center for Computational Sciences, University of Tsukuba
Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8577, Japan
Write in red ink in the front of the envelope as “Tenure Track Application to Center for Computational Sciences (Division of Life Science)”. The recommendation/reference letters may either be included in the applicant’s envelope or be arranged to be sent to the above postal address directly. In the latter case, the name of the candidate should be indicated on the envelope.
Where to make contact:
Prof. Yasuteru Shigeta, Tel: +81-29-853-6496, Email: shigeta[at]ccs.tsukuba.ac.jp
(please replace [at] with @)
The salary will be provided through the annual salary system (fixed-term). (Financial source: “Program for Promoting the enhancement of Research Universities”) See the following Web page in CCS for the detail of the review criteria for the acquisition of tenure.