Position Title: Assistant professor (fixed term)
Affiliation: Division of Life Science, Center for Computational Sciences, University of Tsukuba
Field of Expertise: Computational chemistry including materials informatics, quantum chemistry, and molecular simulations.
Research: In our center, we seek a fixed-term assistant professor to develop computational methods using materials informatics (MI), classical molecular dynamics (MD) simulations, quantum chemical (QC) calculations, and/or apply it to actual problems in the field of the grant-in-aid for Transformative Research Areas “Mesohierarchy”. The successful candidate will be a member of the Divisions of Life Science. He/She will collaborate with experimental researchers in the field of Mesohierarchy. Based on the candidates’ expertise, he/she can teach in the faculty of physics, chemistry, or biology.
Starting date: October 1st, 2023 or later, as soon as possible
Period: Until September 30th, 2026 (After evaluation, he/she can extend it until March 31st, 2027)
Requirement: Applicants must have a doctoral degree or equivalent expertise.
・Salary: Annual salary system (The annual salary will be determined based on the regulations of the University, taking into account the career of the employee.)
・Working hours: Discretionary labor system
・Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, New Year’s holidays (Dec.29 Jan. 3), and holidays determined by the University.
1) Resume/CV (with photograph)
2) List of research activities including peer-reviewed papers, peer-reviewed proceedings, oral presentations at international conferences, competitive research funds (representative), awards, and so on.
3) Up to five major papers (at least four of which were published within the last five years)
4) Summary of research to date (within 1 sheet of A4 paper)
5) Research and education proposal (within 1 sheet of A4 paper)
6) A list of grants
7) A recommendation letter or the name of one professor, who is a reference for the applicant, with complete contact information
8) A document for Self-declaration on Specific Categories (*)
9) A document for Consent to Processing and Extraterritorial Transfer of Personal Data under GDPR (*) (EU General Data Protection Regulation) (Only the applicants located in the countries where belong to the European Economic Area or in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland should submit the consent form).
*All of the standardized forms can be downloaded from the following link: https://www.ccs.tsukuba.ac.jp/reqdocuments/
Submission deadline: Wednesday, May 31th, 2023 (JST).
Please write “Application for Assistant Professor Position in Computational Medical Science (Mesohierarchy)” on the subject and send a zip file with a password for the documents (1-6) in the pdf format via e-mail to apply_2023_L02 [at]ccs.tsukuba.ac.jp ([at] should be replaced by @). The password should be separately sent to shigeta[at]ccs.tsukuba.ac.jp ([at] should be replaced by @ as well).
Contact address: Yasuteru Shigeta
(Tel: +81-29-853-6496, Email: shigeta[at]ccs.tsukuba.ac.jp)
Miscellaneous: The Center for Computational Sciences has been approved as a Joint Collaborative Research Center by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology. We promote interdisciplinary computational sciences, including joint use of our supercomputer systems. The University of Tsukuba conducts its personnel selection process in compliance with the Equal Employment Opportunity Act.